Vibration sensors for condition monitoring of machine tools
In demanding machining operations, monitoring the health and condition of machines through vibration analysis is critical. If machine tools unexpectedly fail, processes throughout the operation can be shut down, leading to unplanned maintenance, unscheduled downtime, and decreased revenue. Wilcoxon sensors are used to monitor the vibration of low and high speed machining tools, detect if there is a developing problem, and find faults early throughout the manufacturing process.
Monitoring spindles and bearings using vibration monitoring is key in machining applications
- Cutting machine tools
- Milling devices, gearboxes, motors, pumps
Seeking knowledge? Read our useful machine tool monitoring applications note below
Read machine tool vibration monitoring applications note here
Wilcoxon vibration sensors include built-in safeguards for reliable monitoring and consistent,
long-term performance in machinery environments
With an MTBF greater than 25 years, our sensors include the following features:
- Hermetically sealed with an integral cable
- Measure vibration across a wide frequency range – one supplier for all types of rotating machinery
- Withstand exposure to wet, humid and moist environments
- IP68 rated in a stainless steel casing
- Can be routinely hosed down without risk of sensor failure
Our sensors are also:
- Easy to install and maintain
- Conveniently sized for walkaround programs
- Available in permanent mount applications
Recommended Wilcoxon vibration monitoring products for machine tool health monitoring:
Purchase, request quote, view our complete line of vibration sensors and accessories for machinery operations:
Read more vibration monitoring resources here
Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies products are known for reliability, backed by our responsive customer support team. Together, we help keep the industrial world working. At this time, online purchasing is available only to United States customers taking delivery in the United States. For more information, please contact our sales team.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off by changing your browser settings.