Vibration sensors improve machine reliability, so you can increase plant efficiency and minimize downtime
Avoiding outages and providing constant power supply are top priorities facing power plant operators every day. To keep plants operational and lower the risk of failure, machines must be reliable. Plant maintenance teams and reliability engineers depend on vibration analysis and diagnostics to establish baseline, trend and early warning/detection of machinery health.
For decades, Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies® vibration monitoring sensors have been used to monitor the condition of valuable power plant assets. Wilcoxon products have set the industry standard since 1960. We supply sensors for all types of rotating machines. We are your one stop shop!
Vibration analysis – key predictor of power plant machine health
- Predictive maintenance: identifies early faults on balance-of-plant equipment, provides advanced warning of component wear, extends equipment life
- Condition monitoring:
ensures constant peak performance for all rotating machinery, helps plan repairs and optimize maintenance outages
Typical vibration monitoring solutions for power plant applications
- Cooling towers
- Fans – forced draft and induced draft
- Hydro turbines (low frequency)
- Nuclear machinery
Wilcoxon vibration monitoring sensors include built-in safeguards for reliable monitoring
and consistent, long-term performance in power plant environments
With an MTBF greater than 25 years, our sensors include the following features:
- EMI/RFI shielded to withstand high EMI (electromagnetic interference) environments
- Case isolated
- Detect both low and high speed vibrations
- Extended low end frequency response (hydro turbines)
- Superior broadband frequency response
- Hermetic sealing
Our sensors are also:
- Easy to install and maintain
- Conveniently sized for walkaround programs
- Permanent mount applications
Recommended Wilcoxon vibration monitoring solutions and accessories for power plant operations:
Purchase, request quote, view our complete line of vibration sensors and accessories for power plants:
Useful power plant resources
Slideshow: Power plant applications
Pump vibration monitoring
Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies products are known for reliability, backed by our responsive customer support team. Together, we help keep the industrial world working. At this time, online purchasing is available only to United States customers taking delivery in the United States. For more information, please contact our sales team.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off by changing your browser settings.